Happy Fri-yay! Summer is starting to come to an end, and Fall trends will be here in no time!🎉🍂 Here are some Summer to Fall transition styles you can continue to rock in the summer but also use in the Fall (but of course with more fur, boots, and scarves that is😋) 1. Neutral floral print “shirt-dress”: “Eyes On You Mini Dress” from Free People ($128) 🌸🌿👗 During Summer, it can be worn by itself with some cute sandals or wedges. As it gets closer to Fall we can use it as a layering piece. Add: a solid color scarf, maybe a grey or dark olive green cargo jacket and some short fall boots. 👢🍂 There’s a lot you can do with this specific dress because the colors are neutral and will match with almost anything! You can find the it here:
2. Light grey/nude suede ankle strap pumps:“Ifs, Ands, or Struts” heels by Chinese Laundry. In the summer time these are super cute with dark colored dresses, or capri boyfriend jeans. In the Fall they can be worn with simple outfits including dark jeans, neutral and simple tops, fur vests, coats, and fun fall print scarves. The pumps are very versatile & ps. they have a thicker heel which means more support and comfort (aka you can dance in them, now were talkin’😉) find it here:
3. Black Felt hat: One of my favorite accessories because it instantly turns any outfit into a “turning-heads outfit”. In the summer these hats go well with very simple outfits, and especially SIMPLE sandals or pumps. If you got a lot going on on top, you want to make sure to keep it minimal below. This hat is SO PERFECT for the Fall, I am so excited. It would look beautiful with a simple dress and ankle booties, a big sweater with cuffed boyfriend jeans and simple (thin) ankle strap pumps, or a flannel with an open fur vest over + cuffed jeans + ankle boots. These are just some outlines of outfits that i’d suggest with this hat! Love how the hat has the gold detail which adds a glam factor aswell. Zimmermann Felt short brim with hat bar. Enjoy here:
4. Chambray top: Rails ‘Marlow’ Ombre Chambray Shirt from Nordstrom ($143). Chambray tops are such an elegant way of being casual. In the summer they are best worn with shorts, as dresses if long enough + cute statement sandals, or just wrapped around your waist. In the Fall, they can can used as layering pieces unbuttoned underneath coats/jackets. You could also wear it closed and tucked into some black/darker jeans + boots + long drapey cardigan to keep it simple. You can shop this top here:
5. Strappy Sandal Heels: ‘Rosana’ Double Ankle Strap Leather Sandal, 2″ heel from Steve Madden. 👡 In the summer these “sand-heels” work with just about any outfit because 1. they’re nude and 2. they’re simple. They’d be cute with capri style jeans, or rompers, even casual jean shorts with a light draped sweater tucked in. In the fall they are perfect for any casual outfit with pants to add a little bit of glam (and height in cases of tiny people like me) Happy shopping: ps. Steve Madden has many different styles of Sand-heels that you might like better! they’re all very similar and cute
6. Big totes 👜 (but specifically this one!) Michael Kors Jet Set Navy Blue & White Saffiano Leather tote. Perks: You can carry pretty much anything in here because it’s huge! This color is unique because it really fits both Summer & Fall. It’s all determined by the outfit it’s paired with. In the summer: pair it with lots of white thin fabrics, light neutrals, light blues, nude heels, sandals. In the fall pair it with black, dark navy, olive green, dark coats, sweaters. Keep in mind that all these outfits should be fairly minimal because the tote has more going on than most purses you’ll carry!
7. Lace lace and more lace dresses: For Love & Lemons Lyla Lace Mini Dress ($260) We can’t stop loving lace… It’s so delicate and dainty. (If you wear it the right way that is… sometimes lace can be really busy a little #ratchet OOPS) For really good lace looks check out: http://www.forloveandlemons.com
In the summer: white and beige lace dresses and in the fall: greys, forest greens, and black lace dresses. So classy!
Hope this helped. Enjoy! Happy shopping!
Header Image from We Heart It
💌with love from Jenni